Earlier this week, wedding planning guru David Tutera made an appearance on The Rachel Ray Show to talk about wedding registries. He had some great wedding registry tips and hints, many of which we whole-heartedly agree with! For example:
- Register for things you will actually use. Avoid the wedding registry regrets these brides experienced.
- Vary your price points. Each guest will have a different price range they’re comfortable with so be mindful of this as you create a registry.
- Don’t forget about an online wedding registry. It’s easy, convenient for your guest and provides a wider range of choices than traditional stores.
- Luggage. You can pick a collection or individual pieces. Choose something lightweight and durable with a good warranty.
- Bed Linens. Get three sets so you have one on your bed, one in the hamper and one in the closet.
- Vacuum Cleaner. Now that you are getting dishes, glassware and other registry items to entertain, David encourages you to think about the rest of your house. And, he notes, the vacuum will especially come in handy once you’ve entertained!
While these are great suggestions (and we’re happy to see tea towels and toasters omitted from the list!) if you’re like 75% of engaged couples, you’re already living together. You probably have a vacuum cleaner. And maybe even 3 sets of bed sheets. No luggage? Well, this is one gift you should consider adding to your wedding registry, especially if you’re planning a honeymoon (another great gift idea).
But, don’t be afraid to part ways with the traditional. More and more couples are opting for alternatives. Register for what you really need, and want! Maybe that’s a BBQ, or a big screen TV. It could even be your house downpayment… or something a little sexier
Bottom line: your registry is a way to show your friends and family what you need to build your life together. Have a little fun with it!