Wedding dress facts that will amaze you!
You’re engaged! Congratulations! For most brides to be job #1 is finding the perfect wedding dress. Finding the perfect wedding dress can be tricky, but there is oodles of inspiration and ideas all over the internet. But is it more hindering then helpful? Perhaps!
We’ve got some interesting wedding dress facts and figures about your wedding dress, but first a few tips and hints if you haven’t yet found the right fit.
Stay true to your style. What do you usually dress in? What are your favourite fits and cuts? For many people, they feel most comfortable in something that is familiar but taken up a few notches on the glamour spectrum. Stay true to who you are and you’ll look beautiful!
Stay on budget. Its easy to get persuaded into spending more on your wedding dress than you had intended. “It’s just another few hundred dollars…” have been uttered by many a bride. Before you know it, you’re well over budget and have to trim elsewhere. Here’s a great post about how one bride “hacked her wedding dress” to stay within her wedding budget.
Get a second (sometimes third!) opinion. The last thing we want is for your wedding dress shopping experience to turn into a horror story episode from Say Yes To The Dress.
Once you’ve got it, stop looking. There will always be another dress you love, so its best to stop browsing once you’ve found “the one” – trust us, on your wedding day you won’t regret your choice.
So without further ado, here are our top 10 weird wedding dress facts, our favorties from Brides.com!
- Brides decide on their wedding dresses about 11 months prior to the wedding.
- 59% of brides use Pinterest to find inspiration for their wedding dress.
- 32% of brides purchase their wedding dress from a national bridal chain and 57% purchase at an independent bridal salon.
- The average price of a wedding dress is $1,355.
- Average cost of headpiece or veil? $199.
- 1.85 miles: The length of the world’s longest wedding gown train.
- 14% of brides would wear a colored wedding dress.
- 21% of brides plan to wear a second dress.
- 66% of of brides want their bridesmaids to wear matching dresses.
- 46% of brides preserve their wedding dress for their children or grandchildren.
Now that you have a few wedding dress hopping tips under your belt and some cool (albeit strange!) facts about wedding dresses, you’re ready to go! Happy wedding dress hunting!